This weeks tip is to be your own cheerleader.
Build a positive mindset to make positive things happen
Our reality is based upon our thought processes. As I’ve mentioned many times before; you get what you focus on.
This short post will help you to develop a positive mindset and focus on the right things.
If you’re constantly telling yourself that you’re a failure, you’ll continue to see more failure in your life. Your mind always tries its hardest to prove you’re right. In this case by bringing to mind more times when you failed.
The opposite is also true. Spend time telling yourself positive things, like how well you dealt with a particular situation, you’ll get more positivity in your life. Again, your mind proving that you’re right
I’m sure I’ve used this quote before, but it’s one of my favorites…
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right”
Have a positive focus
- Make a change in mindset and tell yourself how great you are. Think back to all the times you’ve been successful with a task similar to this one and how well you’ve dealt with it in the past.
- Use positive affirmations while you’re visualizing times of success, to help boost your confidence of doing the same thing again.
- If your mind is concentrating on your successes, it can’t also concentrate on your failures.
- By consistently filling your mind with positive thoughts, you’re more likely to trigger a cycle of positivity that breeds higher confidence in everything you do.
So, to recap…
- Visualize your past successes every day.
- Use all of your senses to bring the vision to life.
- Use positive affirmations of your strengths to build confidence.
- Don’t dwell on the negative.
- Focus on the good stuff. The things that make you who you are.
Do you have any tips you’d like to share? If so, write them in the comments so everyone can try them 🙂