This is Part of a Series on becoming self confidence.
Any project works better if you have a plan. The first part of that plan, is to get clarity on why SPECIFICALLY, you want to be more self confident.
I know it’s easy to say something vague like “I want to enjoy parties”, or “I want to make friends”, etc. Unfortunately, these things aren’t specific enough to be of much use.
If you really want success then you have to be SMART.
You could certainly take either of those statements as start points, but you need to expand on them to make them useful.
Ask yourself questions like:
- How do I want to act around people?
- What do I want people to feel when I’m talking to them?
- How will I stand, or sit, or walk, etc.?
- What thoughts will I have about myself?
- What would I like people to say about me?
- When I’m feeling confident, what benefits will I have?
- What benefits will those around me gain when I’m confident? etc.
Image you’re designing a super confident character for a book you’re writing. You need to have their complete personality worked out before you introduce them to the story.
Get completely clear on the type of person you want to be, then write down those traits.
Once you’ve got everything listed, check that the personality you want is SMART. If you’ve not heard of smart, or you need some guidance on how to use it, CLICK HERE.
Once you’ve got this description of your future self, pin it somewhere you’ll see it everyday
Spend some time over the next week, or so clearly defining the person you want to be. You’ll then be ready to move on to the second part of your journey.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments below.